NUT-FREE - Makes 8 (4-inch) round pizzettes, Prep time: 10 minutes, Cook time: 26 minutes
1. Thaw puff pastry sheets before using, according to package directions.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F.
3. Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 4 large disks using 4-inch circular cookie cutter. Place disks on parchment-lined baking sheet.
4. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon pizza sauce on each round of puff pastry, and spread out almost to edges.
5. Top each pizzette with 3 leaves fresh basil, 4 pieces cheese, and 1 slice tomato. Sprinkle pizzettes with sea salt and pepper. Drizzle each pizzette with oil.
6. Bake for about 26 minutes, or until golden.
When you want all the flavors of pizza but don’t want to wait for your dough to rise, these scrumptious personal rounds will fit the bill. Think of them as a fancy treat that’s a couple notches above a pizza bagel. They’re fully customizable, so add your favorite toppings and give them your stamp of approval.